- In the Bible, 666 is the number of talents of gold Solomon collected each year;
- In the Bible, 666 is the number of Adonikam’s decendants who returned to Jerusalem and Judah from the Babylonian exile;
- In the Bible, there may be a latent reference to 666 in the name of the great 6th century BC king of Babylon and Neron Caesar;
- In Kabbalistic Judaism, 666 is the number which represents the creation and perfection of the world;
- 666 is the magic sum, or sum of the magic constants of a six by six magic square, any rows or column of which adds up to 111;
- 666 is the sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel (0 through 36);
- 666 was the winning lottery number in the 1980 Pennsylvania Lottery scandal, in which the draw machine was tampered to favor a 4 or 6 as each of the three individual random digits;
- 666 was the original name of the Mcintosh Seven Dust computer that was discovered in 1998;
- 666 is a frequently visual element of Aryan Brotherhood tattoos;
- Aleister Crowley adopted the namesake “the Great Beast 666”. As such, 666 was also associates with him, his work, and his religious philosophy of Thelema:
- The most common carbon isotope (Carbon-12), is the basis of all known life on earth, consists of 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons; and,
- In China, the number is considered to be lucky and is often displayed in shop windows and neon signs which can mean “everything goes smoothly.”
Sunday, January 24, 2016
By Anton Antonio
January 25, 2016
Today, I am publishing my 666th article in my blogsite, http://antonantonio.blogspot.com/. The number 666 is quite a controversial one as the following researched information would reveal…
In mathematics, 666 (six hundred sixty six) is the natural number following 665 and preceeding 667. In religion, folklore and popular culture, 666 is called the “number of the beast” in Chapter 13 of the Book of Revelation of the New Testament.
In the Textus Receptus manuscripts of the New Testament, the Book of Revelation (13:17-18) cryptically asserts 666 to be “man’s number” or “the number of man” associated with the beast, an antagonistic creature that appears briefly about two-thirds into the apocalyptic vision. In modern popular culture, 666 has become one of the most widely recognized symbols for the Antichrist or, alternatively, the devil. The number 666 is purportedly used to invoke Satan. References to the number occur both among apocalypticist Christian groups and in explicitly anti-Christian subcultures. References in contemporary Western art or literature are, more likely than not, international references to the Beast symbolism. It is common to see the symbolic role of the integer 666 transferred to the digit sequence 6-6-6. Some people take the Satanic associations of 666 so seriously that they avoid things related to 666 or the digits 6-6-6.
Here are more references to the integer 666:
666 may stand, represent, mean and signify a wide variety of facts or fiction; but to me (in this particular blog/article) stands for nothing more but firstname.lastname@example.org Article No. 666.
Thoughts to promote positive action…
(Please visit, like and share Pro-EARTH Crusaders on Facebook or follow me at http://antonantonio.blogspot.com/ and http://twitter.com/EarthCrusader/)
Wikipedia, (2016). “666”. Retrieved on January 25, 2016 from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/666_(number)